Sunday, January 18, 2009

What a Hoot!

Click for a closer look.

Here is a fun wooden shape I altered several weeks ago from the fabulous Say It With Letters online store. The MDF shape comes smooth as butter, keyhole drilled in the back for easy hanging if that's your choice. I used crackle medium on my woodsy buddy as well as those awesome feathered patches as wings. Some layered flowers with brads for eyes and a handcut beak finished this project. Be sure to check out two other styles of owls by SIWL DT members Robyn Weatherspoon and Julie Masse. Julie also designed this shape for the store - how cool! You can purchase this awesome owl shape by clicking here. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love the way you added the feathers Jolene - so great! :)

Nicole said...

So cute! I love the feathers!

Anonymous said...

This is so cute Jolene!
Shell from SBO

Crafty Girl Studio said...

Love the feathers...what a wonderful project Jolene!

lauren bergold said...

WHAT A HOOT, indeed!!! jolene, jolene, jolene, you have knocked my socks off...which is a bit inconvenient, since it's REALLLLLLY cold today!!!

(looooooooooOOOOOOooooove this...love...LOVE...LOOooOOoOvE this!)

deb said...

I just love it Jolene!!