Thursday, January 8, 2009

100 Things

My friend Di Hickman had this on her blog, so I'm playing along. Here's a list of 100 activities: mark in bold the ones you have done, and italicize five you would like to do most. If you want to participate, just snag and post to your blog!

1. Started my own blog – Hello, you're here!
2. Slept under the stars – nope
3. Played in a band – Which kind, in which state? The answer is YES, many!!
4. Visited Hawaii – No but I'd love to.
5. Watched a meteor shower – nope
6. Given more than I can afford to charity – I give my fair share to charity, especially for things at church.
7. Been to Disneyworld/land - October 2009 is my first trip!!
8. Climbed a mountain – I grew up near the Poconos, so yes.
9. Held a praying mantis - nope
10. Sung a solo – With two music degrees? Sure have!
11. Bungee jumped – no, not sure I would either.
12. Visited Paris – 1988
13. Watched lightning at sea – We saw a cool storm over the ocean in the Bahamas this summer.
14. Taught myself an art from scratch – Do alcohol inks count? How about Photoshop?
15. Adopted a child – No, but my goddaughter is adopted.
16. Had food poisoning – Something from Red Lobster in Nashua, NH. I get goosebumps just thinking about it!! Ugh.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty – Never had the chance
18. Grown my own vegetables – As a child I helped my dad
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France – Sure did! The guards kept yelling at people to turn off the flashes on their cameras.
20. Slept on an overnight train – Nope. Does a ferry across the English Channel count instead?
21. Had a pillow fight – Good Lord, yes!
22. Hitchhiked – No way!
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill – It's called a MENTAL HEALTH DAY, thank you.
24. Built a snow fort – We have home movies of us as kids making an igloo/fort out of the snow my dad plowed from in front of our garage.
25. Held a lamb – yes
26. Gone skinny dipping – Nope
27. Run a marathon – Nope
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice – Almost did in Vegas!
29. Seen a total eclipse – yes
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset – yes
31. Hit a home run – Most likely not. I am not very athletic.
32. Been on a cruise – not yet
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person – Yes, and it's incredible!
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors – If you're counting Poland and Lithuania, then no.
35. Seen an Amish community – You can't live in Pennsylvania and NOT see one at least once in your life.
36. Taught myself a new language – My childhood friend Nikki and I used to make up our own version of sign language to talk in the middle of classes.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied – We are blessed to have what we need and enough left over to share at least some.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person – Nope
39. Gone rock climbing – nope
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David – nope
41. Sung karaoke – Sure!
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt – Nope
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant – nope
44. Visited Africa – Nope. I can't imagine how many photos I'd take if I could.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight – Yes, a long time ago.
46. Been transported in an ambulance – Thank God, no!
47. Had my portrait painted – Nah
48. Gone deep sea fishing – No, and no interest either!
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person – I scrapped my inlaws photos, does that count?
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris – Didn't get the chance when we were there.
51. Gone scube diving or snorkeling – No freakin way!
52. Kissed in the rain – Yes
53. Played in the mud – All the time as a child
54. Gone to a drive-in theater – I don't think so
55. Been in a movie – Not that I know of
56. Visited the Great Wall of China – No, no real desire to either.
57. Started a business – nope
58. Taken a martial arts class – No, but I'm living vicariously through my son, Ian.
59. Visited Russia – Nope
60. Served at a soup kitchen – Nope, but in college we did a lot of grounds clean-up work for one. 61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies – Nope, but I have bought my fair share!!
62. Gone whale watching – We talked about it often when we lived in MA, but we never got to do it.
63. Got flowers for no reason – Often
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma – yes, blood
65. Gone sky diving – For a long time I thought I would, but I think that bravery has passed.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp – nope, and no desire to.
67. Bounced a check – Nope, never.
68. Flown in a helicopter – I'm pretty sure that I have. More importantly, I want to be the one actually FLYING the helicopter!!
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy – I don't think so
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial – yes
71. Eaten caviar – yes
72. Pieced a quilt – Nope
73. Stood in Times Square – yes
74. Toured the Everglades – nope
75. Been fired from a job – No, thank goodness!
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London – yes
77. Broken a bone – Multiple toes, one finger, most recently my foot
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - no, not really. I have ridden on motorcycles before, just not when they were speeding.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person – 1997
80. Published a book – nope
81. Visited the Vatican – Nope
82. Bought a brand new car – sure have
83. Walked in Jerusalem – Nope
84. Had my picture in the newspaper – Yes
85. Read the entire Bible – No I haven't. At least not yet.
86. Visited the White House – Nope
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating – Heck no!!
88. Had chickenpox – 6th grade. I missed the Valentine's Day dance. It was supposed to be my first one ever. Can you tell I'm still bitter?
89. Saved someone's life – nope
90. Sat on a jury – Nope
91. Met someone famous – I can't think of anyone.
92. Joined a book club – Nope
93. Lost a loved one – Who hasn't?
94. Had a baby – Two.
95. Seen the Alamo in person – Nope
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake – nope
97. Been involved in a law suit - Nope, thankfully.
98. Owned a cell phone – Sure do!
99. Been stung by a bee – nope
100. Ridden an elephant – No, but I'd try it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fun. I'm going to snag!! Thx! ;)

First I have to finish reading your list!

Crafty Girl Studio said...

Hey Jolene. I think we all need to find and elephant to ride!