Sunday, January 11, 2009

Inky Antics

Here's a catch up post with some projects I created using Purple Onion Designs stamps. The first one has my favorite Pink Paislee line called Vintage Moon with the Thank You Noteblock stamp. I also embossed Core'dinations cardstock with a Cuttlebug embossing folder (one of my latest obsessions).
This little matching combo uses their Halloween Doodles stamp set. I did lots of stamping then used my Cricut to create the cool spider and treat bag. The tiny treat bag in the spider's mouth was stamped - I created a wire handle for the bag, too. The window in the treat bag is a transparency.
I love how this card turned out! I made the background with Ranger alcohol inks and copper mixative on glossy paper. The Purple Onion Harlequin stamp was stamped right over the top with StazOn ink and layered with fun Queen & Co. felt and some bling.

The last project was so fun. I used the Hang In There set which doesn't come with any bird or critter for on the branch. Instead of mixing stamp companies I simply used a die cut Cuttlebug monkey and slit the stamped piece so that his tail would lace right through.
The final card that I created in this batch is on the newsstands right now! I'll be sharing that one in another post. As always, click any photo for a closer view. Thanks for looking!

13 comments:

Nicole said...

Great cards, Jolene! I especially love the PP one and love how you added the little blue flowers to the branch!

SAR girls said...

Those are some terrific cards, Jo! Congrats again! :)

Celeste B. said...

Great cards. I love owl one and that Thanks stamp.

Beth said...

very cute cards J!
and i love embossing coredinations too. such a great effect.

Beth said...

such cute cards! and i love embossing coredinations too, its a great affect.

Carolyn Lontin said...

Your cards always amaze me!!

Sheryl said...

Beautiful cards, Jolene. You make me want to try alcohol inks!

Crafty Girl Studio said...

These are so striking Jolene...I just love the first one also.

lauren bergold said...

oh miss jolene!!!
when confronted with such a papercrafting plethora,where do i even *start*?!??

oh wait--i know--i actually paperpieced that owl a few months ago...and if i showed you the results you would a)LAUGH YER HEAD OFF and b)understand why i am soooo very impressed by yours! WOW!!!

(ps: hope you are feelin' better there, missy!) ♥♥♥

Krystin said...

I LOVE your cards...esp. the monkey one...and super cute little halloween bag.
You are so talented.

Anonymous said...

I really liked the layering of the Queen and Co over the Purple Onion stamping.
Your halloween inspirations are just so amazing.
Shell from SBO

Jenny B in Indy said...

These are fabulous!!

Jenny B in Indy said...

These are fabulous!!!