Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sweet Success!

Ian's second grade class made gingerbread houses today, so I was lucky enough to go along and help. It's so fun to hear the ideas of these kids - why they choose certain types of candy and how they turn them into architectural and landscaping details. We attended Conner Prairie's gingerbread event last weeked looking for ideas, so today was especially fun.

Here's Ian's finished house, complete with mailbox and raised flag. There's a patio in the backyard and plenty of snowballs. I wonder which one will taste the best?

2 comments:

marcibun said...

Wow, that sounds like sooooo much fun! He did a great job on his house, he could teach me a thing or two ;)

If I don't catch you before the 25th, have a safe and happy holiday!

Kristen H said...

Way to go Ian, this is the best gingerbread house I have EVER seen. Looks too good to eat, almost. YUM!