Saturday, October 4, 2008

Scor-It!

The Design Team members at Caardvarks were recently given the mini Scor-It tool to try for demo purposes. What a cool product! The mini is great for smaller projects and cards that require specific measurements. (Wendy, don't laugh at me!) The scoring tool itself comes on a chain to attach it directly to the board, which on my disaster of a desk is a total necessity!

I created the treat box above with a single sheet of patterned paper, some eyelets and ribbon through the top, and a clear bag that holds the treat inside. I was thinking that it would make either a fun gift for an expecting mom (spa gift card, chocolates, baby sitting coupons!) or even a baby shower favor for guests.

I tried using the mini Scor-It board for more of a design purpose on my Halloween card. I embossed lines in a web-like pattern on Coredinations cardstock and sanded away the black surface. On another attempt I might get better at lining up my web lines. Clearly mother nature has me beaten at this skill!

This envelope required a bit more engineering, but the Scor-It mini made it very easy! I used one sheet of double-sided Reminisce paper for the entire thing. I trimmed an 8 x 12 inch piece and created the main folds for the outside of the folder. The remaining 4 x 12 piece was cut into two 4 x 6 pieces, and accordian folds were added using the Scor-It mini. When I added the accordian folds to the sides of the folder I turned the paper around to see the pattern on the back. You can just as easily keep all the patterns together when assembling...your choice! A fun pom pom trim and two velcro dot closures were the finishing touches for this project.

I also created cards for inside the envelope with a Scor-It embossed, inked and stamped border.


My final Scor-It project also used the embossing and sanding technique. This Cosmo Cricket Cogsmo paper already has distressing on it, so adding real sanding fit right in! The mini Scor-It makes even spacing a snap for this embossed and sanded border.

A very big thank you goes out to HAMMONDSgroup, Inc. for their generous donation of tools for the team. Be sure to check out the Scor-It Gallery at Caardvarks for all the amazing projects created by our designers. The Scor-It website also has a project gallery, downloadable PDF instruction files and video webisodes to help you get started. Check it out!

And if you're up for a challenge, use scoring of some kind of any type of papercrafting project and link back to this Caardvarks post by midnight on October 18th to be eligible to win a Scor-It mini of your very own!

5 comments:

Lisa Olson said...

Aw big sigh..absolutley fantastic projects again!!! I love visitng your blog. There is a blog candy give away at my blog check it out over at my blog.

CraftyC said...

Love what you have done with your new gadget, the boxes are just fab!
Clairex

Lisa Olson said...

Gosh you have been busy I couldn't begin to pick a fav as they are all stuning.

Crafting Queen said...

These are fantastic projects, love the colours you used.

Kristen H said...

I like the random pattern to your spider web. It adds interest without pulling your eye right in to the center of the card.
This score it tool looks like a ton of fun...thanks for sharing all the different ways to use it.
TFS!