Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Figgy Pudding Heaven


We are having a Christmas card swap at SBO, so last night I sat down and made some cards using Basic Grey's Figgy Pudding collection. Those of you who know me and my work should not be surprised at all to see entire projects covered in multiple lines of Basic Grey products. I embrace their grungy finishes and coordinating colors. This card uses an ornament die cut and papers from Figgy Pudding and a hand-cut branch from their Fruitcake line. I added Stickles and a wire hanger to the ornament as well. You can see the complete supply list here.

This card is for the SBO swap. One lucky sista will be getting this beauty in the mail! I have been inspired by Tim Holtz and his 12 Days of Christmas techniques, so I pulled out the old crackle medium and went to town. I also added Stickles and hand-sewn beads to the poinsettia for extra sparkle and texture. And thanks to my friend Celeste and her tutorial I added machine stitching, too. You can see the supply list and some detail photos here.
_________________________________________________________





UPDATE: These cards have been removed for publication in Crafts 'n Things magazine December 2008.

17 comments:

Dawn♥ said...

Oh Jolene these cards are sooo adorable and perfect! Love that BG!

lauren bergold said...

well i couldn't agree more re BG & xmas...they just go together like...well, like YOU and "rockin' the cards" i guess! (LOVE THESE!!!) :)

marcibun said...

Beautiful card! You really do have a knack for making great ones.

deb said...

beautiful! I used some of his crackle paint on wood but I need to try it on paper. Such a beautiful effect!

Angie said...

Jolene these cards are stunning!

LaurieStar said...

Nice work on these cards, Jolene!

Sarah Rice said...

loving the crackle and the stickles! Your cards are gorgeous!

Danielle Flanders said...

Love the crackle effect!! I'm gonna have to try that!

LisaW said...

Both of these cards are absolutely beautiful!

Raechelle Bellus said...

beautiful cards!
Rae

Danielle Holsapple said...

Oh my! these are just gorgeous!!!!!!!!!

Christi said...

Wow! That crackle just makes that card!! LOVE it! smiles...

Anonymous said...

lovely cards!!!!!!

Julie said...

I am loving the Tim blog at the moment aswell, how nice would it be to actually win some of his goodies...lol
Your cards are so beautiful!

Julie -mjslm

Nicole said...

Love those! I am in love with BG figgy pudding too!

Dawn Wheeler said...

Beautiful card ,realy stunning ,Dawnx

Unknown said...

beautiful cards!