Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Well, howdy, y'all!

I have no idea what got into me when I was making this card for Di Hickman's sketch blog. I grabbed my pack of scraps from Daisy D's French Market collection that I used so much of last fall and just went to town. Something about DD's rustic, distressed finishes feels right under my hands. and the barn board and roosters seemed like a natural fit with fall in the air. The twine knotted on the button and "Howdy" sentiment seemed to tie it all together. I was concerned that I would have to cover up my rooster friend with a flower or other embellishment, so I decided that something of the ghost variety would work best. Then I struggled to find a way to attach them without stapling or adding brads. Stickles to the rescue! It's a little bit country, a little bit rock and roll, and ALL me.


scrapnnMO said...

Oh my heavens this card is soooo cute. My ds will die when he see this. And trust me he will. He loves chickens! I love how you adhere your hearts to the card. BTW I think it GORGEOUS!

Thanks so much for stoppin by my blog!

Angie said...

Ooooooooh Jolene, this card is fantastic, I love it. I love the French Market line from Daisy D's. It's so rustic and beautiful and I love how you used it on this card!