Saturday, January 19, 2013

myStampBOX: Birthday Gears

  We recently celebrated the birthday of my friend, Marty, and I made him this fun card for his special day. I was inspired by all the prompts at this year's Creative Jump Start, created and hosted by the super-sweet Nat Kalbach. I started with a piece of cardstock that was printed lightly with a grid design. I used a mask with bubbles and lightly sprayed with red mist to get the first layer of the background.


Then I used the hexagon border from Decorative Strips and black ink to stamp right across the center of the paper. I stamped the sentiment from Happy Word Jumble and mounted it on additional layers of cardstock. For a little texture and a final pop of pattern I glued on a felt gear. I just love how all the different geometric shapes play out on this card when paired with my favorite red and black color scheme. A little distressing on the edges makes this very obviously a Jolene creation. ;^) Happy stamping!

No comments: