Sunday, July 8, 2012

myStampBOX: Pretty Pastels

I was blog hopping the other day and found a beautiful card by designer Kelly Rasmussen. I decided to use it as inspiration for my mother's birthday card. I loved the blocky, quilt-like design and pastel colors. For my version, I added a punch of red and used stamps from, who else, myStampBOX! Here's what I made:


The sentiment comes from a must-have set for cardmakers, Straightforward. Underneath the title is some bubble wrap texture from Backgrounds. The tiny blue box has some added texture from Back to the Basics.The pretty butterfly is from Colorful Companions.
 
The month and dates stamp from Timelines is the perfect nod in the direction of a birthday celebration, and I used a clear gel glitter pen to highlight the month and day of my mom's birthday. This is certainly a personalized card that you couldn't buy in any store!

Supplies: myStampBOX stamps, Ranger Sepia Tone Archival Ink, Ranger Stickles, Darice bling, Sakura gel pen, Doodlebug Design twine, My Mind's Eye On the Sunny Side papers.

No comments: