Wednesday, April 13, 2011

My Core’dinations Creative Frenzy

Welcome to my little part of the blogosphere where things are usually pretty inky and distressed. I'm happy to share some new Core'dinations creations with you. Since I finally decided to stop hoarding and actually USE this amazing set of products, my scrapping life has never been the same.

My first layout (above) features Core Impressions Cosmo Cricket Neutrals and Jenni Bowlin Red and Black collections. These pre-embossed notepads are by far my favorite products from Core'dinations. I love that they color and theme-match with so many different paper companies. For those of use who started out by embossing all our own designs, these ready-made versions are fast and easy! I especially love sanding and inking over the designs. My second project is a card for my lovely niece Lauren who turns 22 tomorrow. Like her, it's a little bit vintage and a LOT glam! I did all the embossing on Black Magic Core'dinations and added a border strip of Core Couture for extra zing. There's even an extra backing piece of purple Vintage Collection in there! And bling. Did I mention bling? My final project features more Vintage Collection for the die cut title and blue flowers. I matted all the photos using yummy brown and red Chocolate Box Core'dinations.
The title block was cut from more Core Impressions Cosmo Cricket Neutrals. I love how it looks like weathered driftwood, just perfect for my tropical theme.


The flower in the middle is made from the Whitewash Collection. I love how this cardstock holds up so well to distressing and all the fiddling used to create handmade flowers.

I was honored to share some projects on the Core'dinations blog back in February. Those two projects have become some of my favorites ever! I also have several other Core'dinations projects in my gallery. I would be thrilled and honored to be chosen as a member of the next Core'dinations Design Team. Thanks for giving me a chance to share my work! Good luck to everyone who applies.

1 comment:

Lydia said...

I absolutely love your boy layout, great job and good luck