Thursday, February 28, 2013

myStampBOX: Creative Jump Start ALL PLAY

(Click on photos for a closer look.)
Today the Design Team members at myStampBOX are sharing projects inspired by the Creative Jump Start Summit 2013. Here's what I made for my sweet friend, Cheryl, for her birthday this week. She loves purple, so I started there! 

I used a die cut circle as a large mask on the center of a white cardstock panel. I brushed two shades of purple paint onto the cardstock and then brushed over with white to soften the look. 


Once it was dry, I stamped a flower from myStampBOX's Abundant Blossoms using the same two shades of purple paint onto a scrap of white cardstock. When stamping with paint, it's easy to overstamp and get globs of paint onto your project. I then stamped onto the background panel, overlapping the mask in the center occasionally. I like how the image didn't always stamp perfectly. It matched the shabby feel of the whitewash background. When the background dried, I lightly sprayed over the entire panel with a mist of Perfect Pearls to get a subtle shimmer. When everything was completely dry, I removed the mask and inked around the edge of the panel with purple chalk ink.


I found the large blinged-out letter C for my friend several months before her birthday and knew it would be the centerpiece for her card. The large white circle seemed a bit stark, so I added a border of black Stickles. I realized that most of my stamped-off paint flowers looked really pretty, so I handcut a few and attached them around the circle with foam dots. I added rhinestone centers and Stardust Stickles for a little extra sparkle. I'm pretty sure Cheryl would have been disappointed if there wasn't ENOUGH sparkle on her card!


Here's another look at the card. Using paint with stamps is something that I haven't done in years, so that plus the painted background and pearly spray mist were fun to use. Thanks to all the artists and designers who provided projects and videos to inspire us! Be sure to check out the other Design Team projects at the myStampBOX blog today, too.

No comments: