Tuesday, January 11, 2011

myStampBOX and Scrapbook Express: Frame it!

Here's a fun, fun layout I made of Ian using a ton of awesome products. I made this layout in response to a Scrapbook Express challenge to create a custom frame on a layout. Here's what I did:
I stamped two faux stitching lines from the brand-new Repeat After Me set of stamps from myStampBOX. Look for it soon in the mSB store! I distressed the edges then layered it onto a sanded Core'dinations cardstock mat. I tucked in a little set of polka dot punched tabs on the side for a pop of color. The title for this layout comes from the Sigh Gush Gasp set of mSB stamps.
I loved trying this gathered ribbon technique using Glossy Accents. I cut the Bo Bunny ribbon in half since it was too wide for my project right from package. A Graphic 45 chipboard button finished off this border.
I LOVE playing with pre-embossed cardstock and embossing my own, so my leaf border uses both. I tucked in some Maya Road jeweled pins tied off with a little jute as a final touch.

Here's a little tip: Don't cover up cool patterns on paper. Use an exacto knife to cut away the part of the pattern that overlaps your photo. Tuck the photo in and enjoy how the pattern becomes part of the design. It's certainly not an original idea, but it's a good one to revisit when the time is right.
I hope you enjoyed this layout and all the fun goodies. Happy scrapping!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Love this layout! How cute are those sayings stamps!

Meg Giroux said...

Love how you did this Jolene! The leaves look so alive!!!
Beautiful work:)

Crafty Girl Studio said...

Great job on this layout Jolene. Love that embossed leaf!

Allison Cope said...

Gorgeous page Jolene!

LindaS said...

Wonderful page. I love your details and colors and your boy(s) are getting bigger and are such wonderful models - or is it the talented photograph!