Sunday, December 13, 2009

The Little Shabby Box Card Contest

A friend of mine directed me to a card sketch contest at The Little Shabby Box, so I decided to play along. Here are my cards based on their sketches:


This first card makes me all nostalgic considering that Daisy D's is no longer in business. They were one of my favorite scrapbook companies of all time, so using these papers made me happy and sad all at the same time. The Santa tag is from a cool Vintage Findings pack by Making Memories. And for those of you who like to poke fun, yes, I used fibers.

This card mixes up some of my favorite goodies: paper and embellies from the Mistletoe collection by Making Memories and the Winter Flakes stamps by myStampBOX. I have several musical pals at church, one of whom will be getting this little masterpiece. Good luck to everyone who enters The Little Shabby Box contest!

6 comments:

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Soooo pretty! I love your take on both sketches!! :) I am going to post mine tomorrow.

Kim Faucher said...

Beautiful cards!! Thanks so much for playing along!!

papertrails leaver said...

I really love your cards! Especially how you embossed those snowflakes on the second one! Good luck!

Мурзявка said...

Hello!
your cards are very nice ))

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Hi Jolene....I just wanted to say thanks to you and your friend for the info on this card contest! It was lots of fun...got my cards posted just in time!

Your entries are great!

Thanks again!
Happy Holidays to you! :)

The Little Shabby Box said...

Enjoyed your cards... Thanks for playing along