Saturday, January 5, 2008

Cards, Cards and More Cards

So I have come to the realization that I am a cardmaker at heart. Yes, I started over ten years ago with a few rubber stamps and ended up with about a million Christmas cards. Yes, I participate in several online card blogs and need to create projects for them. But at the end of the day, when I sit down to work the most natural projects that come from my mojo are lumpy, bumpy, fibery (is that a word?) and layered cards. I really love it! I won't give up scrapbooking my family and the special memories we share, and I won't deny that Mod Podge runs through my veins. (Cheryl, did you see that?) Anybody need a card?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who wouldn't want this creation ... is is so beautiful ... love how the touches of red just pop.

deb said...

I love cardmaking too! Love that black/white paper and card design.

Anonymous said...

I think I have to say cardmaking is my fortee?is that a word too? maybe I spelt it wrong!!!
Lovely card I love the black & White one of my favourite colours in cardmaking.
Must say I`ve only been making them for two years now & already understand why people need to extend there rooms to accomodate there craft stash!!!Thanks for visiting my blog.love your work:)

Sarah Rice said...

ummmm mod podge. Im been hooked on the stuff way longer than scrapbooking.

I love your card. Aweosme mix of black and white patterns with just the perfect touch of red!

Andrea, said...

This is such a stylish card

Gina said...

Stunning card Jolene! So classy!

lauren bergold said...

holy cow that's a gorgeous card! (HA! i say that like usually you turn out rubbish...sorry...i should've said that's a **particularly** gorgeous card!) :)

i'm right there with ya girlfriend! i think i will always make a LOT of different things...but...cards...!! they are practical, they are necessary, they are (relatively) fast, they can be in a different style every time! what's NOT TO LOVE??!

(ps: i think "fibery" is a word...but one generally applied to nutritious, sugar-free breakfast cereals!) (but i know what ya mean!!!) :)

Angie said...

You are the Card Queen Jolene. I love this card and if fibery isn't a word, then it should be.

My Paper World said...

I agree, cardmaking is so much fun!
This one is stunning!